[WIP - Part I] Shovel and Bonnet of Scoop from Bob the Builder

Shovel and Bonnet Done, A Lot More to Go in Making Scoop Paper Model


Finished Shovel and Bonnet Parts of Scoop from Bob the Builder Paper Model/Papercraft
picture 1 of scoop paper model from bob the builder

It has been 2 weeks since I posted and started my new paper model/papercraft project which was Scoop from Bob the Builder. At this moment, I already finished the test build for the shovel and bonnet parts. From that test build process, I realized just how challenging this project would be for me.

As I said previously, I wanted to make this Scoop papercraft/paper model to have articulated parts for its shovel and backhoe, with extendable arms. I never designed or built any model with such complex articulations and it made things trickier. The test build I did for the shovel and bonnet parts turned into a trial-and-error galore. On one side, it gave me a terrible headache but on the other side, this process gave me a lot of insight in how to design model with articulated parts.

Below are some previews of the finished shovel and bonnet of the Scoop model. I will continue the test build of this paper model/papercraft and the next part in my list is the backhoe, another tricky articulated part.

As Bob the Builder always says: “Can we build it? Yes, we can!”

Preview of Finished Shovel and Bonnet Parts of Scoop

picture 2 of scoop from bob the builder papercraft


preview of scoop from bob the builder


scoop papercraft with extended shovel arms
Previous
Next Post »